Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Real Men Eat Quiche

So I asked my husband if he even liked quiche before I started developing this recipe and his answer,
"Real men eat quiche."
I don't know what that means, but I figured it meant "yes" so I went ahead
and started in on my dish. The end result, he LOVED it! So of course, I'm sharing with you,

Ingredients:

1 deep dish pie crust, baked

Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Broccoli, chopped
Roasted Red Peppers, minced
(Note: the above three ingredients will total 1 cup altogether)

1/4 cup bacon crumbles
1/2 cup Colby cheese, shredded.
1/2 cup Emmentaler cheese, shredded
(you can use Swiss if Emmentaler is not readily available to you)
 1 tbsp chopped basil

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
1/2 tbsp lemon zest


Directions:
Bake your pie crust as per the directions on the package. 
While your pie crust is in the oven, doing the following:

Prepare your veggies.
 

 Measure out your bacon crumbles.


Grate your cheeses.


Chop your basil leaves.


Mix your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and lemon zest in a bowl. Set aside.

Start layering your ingredients, like this:




Then pour your egg mixture over top when your pie crust is done baking.
 

Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the pie is firm.
Let it cool for 20 to 30 minutes, this allows it to set up.
Otherwise, it will fall apart when you try to slice into it.





Serve and enjoy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment