Monday, April 30, 2012

Edamame Sandwich Spread

So I sat wondering last night as I was getting ready to make dinner, if you can make an avocado spread to put on a sandwich, 
I bet you could do the same thing with edamame. My husband is the official taste tester in all my recipe developing and he loved it, so I thought I would share with you guys. 
It's just a little thing, but does give a sandwich a big WOW.

Ingredients:

1- 8 oz. package of edamame, steamed
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 heaping spoonful of olive oil mayonaise



Directions:


Steam your package of edamame,

 remove the shells, add salt.
Mash, then mash some more.


The end result will be chunky. 
You could put it in a food processor, but I rarely pull mine out unless it's for something big. 
I prefer the old school, use your pathetically small muscles method of cooking. 

Here's what it looked like when I served it up on a 
Toasted Ham and Provolone Sammie with a side of Sweet Potatoes Fries... 


 




 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment