Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Picky Eaters

I have a child who is a picky eater, I'm sure many of you can relate. It is a giant pain in the you-know-where when it comes to dinner time cause I have to make one meal for myself and the hubby and another meal for her.

About two weeks ago, I came up with a brilliant solution. I was in the frozen foods aisle at the grocery store and came upon the frozen dinners selection. I picked out a couple that I thought she would like and decided that I was going to break this vicious cycle of picky eating. I have been making her the dinners each night, in the hopes to expand her palette so that eventually she will be interested in trying what Mommy and Daddy are eating.

It has been working out great!!!

Here are her favs so far:

  • Tortellini & Broccoli in a fettuccine sauce
  • Turkey with Stuffing + Apple Cobbler
  • Bowtie Noodles with Ham
  • Pizza Bites
  • Shrimp Poppers & Tater Tots
  • Butternut Squash Ravoli
  • Chicken Fried Rice
If she is relatively good about eating her meals during the week, on Sundays she gets to decide what we are eating as a family. Yes, it's been my homemade pizza the last two weeks, but I'm hoping that will change!

I hope this helps some of you out there with picky eaters, if you aren't having any luck, try this - it's been working for this Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment