Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Simple and Yummy Chicken Salad


So I come home from shopping at Sam's Club this evening and to my delight there was an unexpected visitor
at our house. My step-daugher, Emily! I, of course, invited her to stay for dinner.
Then was left to ponder...what should I make? 
Here's what I came up and it was really simple to prepare - it only took me about 20 minutes. 
It's a super easy dinner for all you busy moms out there who need to get a nutritious meal on the table, and an added bonus, not too much clean up!

Ingredients:

Salad:
A handful of cherry tomatoes, diced
One can of corn
One can of black beans
The breasts from one of the roasted chickens you can get almost anywhere for like $6 or $7, chopped
A handful of spinach, ours was from our garden, chopped
1 cup of mango salsa (regular salsa would work too)

Dressing:
2 tbsp of chopped onions
1/4 cup of the salsa
2 tbsp of olive oil
one lemon, juiced
a couple good shakes of coriander and lime pepper seasoning

Chop up your salad ingredients and place in a bowl. Add dressing ingredients to the food processor or blender. Blend. Then add your dressing to the salad and fold in gently.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top and a side of Tostitos Hint of Lime Chips.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment