Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nutella Rice Crispy Treats

I was parent helper today in my daughter's class at school. So last night I was trying to figure out what I could make without having to run to the grocery store. I saw the Rice Crispies cereal box sitting on the shelf that anyone has yet to eat next to the jar of Nutella, and suddenly it all came together. 


:: Ingredients ::
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1 package (10 oz.) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 jar of Nutella
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal 
 
:: Directions :: 
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.  
Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. 


Then add cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated.  


Using a sheet of wax paper, evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spread Nutella over the top evenly, you won't need the whole jar, but if you're like me you've got in your cupboard anyway.  Refrigerate. The Nutella will not harden unless you do. Take out about an hour before serving and cut into 2-inch squares.






No comments:

Post a Comment