Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Spice

I found this recipe on My Baking Addiction and changed it ever so slightly 
BUT it makes a world of difference. 

You will need:
  • A coffee grinder
  • A small container to store the spice, I used an old Harry and David jelly jar.
  • Whole cinnamon sticks
  • Whole cloves  
  • Other ingredients below

:: Recipe ::

3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 ½ teaspoons ground allspice
1 ½ teaspoons ground cloves

Directions:

Use the coffee grinder to grind your whole spices. I doubled the recipe 
because we use a lot of this spice in the Fall and Winter months. 

If you are sticking to the recipe above, grind up 3-4 cinnamon sticks. 
Dump it out into a small bowl, then measure into your jar. 

Then put a spoonful of cloves in the coffee grinder and repeat the process. 
{No need to wash out the coffee grinder in between, they are going to the same place!}

Note: You could definitely use whole nutmegs too, 
I didn't have any on hand but I'm sure that would make it even better. 

When all the spices are in, put on the lid and shake it up! 


Now you're ready for a burst of flavor that is nothing like the store bought version.

 I put a teaspoon in our coffee grounds this morning...
WOW, instant pumpkin coffee that is ten times better than Starbucks!

1 comment: